Friday, June 12, 2009

General Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests - from Bill

Here is a quick summary of the desires of the team that they wrote on their applications. In some way, these are their truest prayer requests beyond the normal health and safety type concerns. Here they are:

1. I want to serve God any way I can.
2. I want to lead at least one person to Christ.
3. I want to experience God when He does marvelous things.

And I know it sounds strange, but I would add that I am praying for a "FLAWED" team (I'm going to share this with the team once we arrive in Peru):

F - Faithful to God's call and commands
L - Loving to the church but also to undeserved sinners, just like He is
A - Available to go the last 15 feet in order to share the Gospel and Love of Christ with someone God wants to touch
W - Not only available, but WILLING and WANTING to go the last 15 feet to share the Gospel and Love of Christ with someone God wants to touch!
E - Enjoying the company of the redeemed (not only our team, but the believers we fellowship with in the church in Peru)
D - Delighted in God, His Plan, His Word, His Calling, and His Glory

Thanks for standing in the gap for us and for calling your entire church to join with you!

1 comment:

  1. God has laid you on my mind off and on through out the last 3 days. On Sunday I was priviledged to pray for you and for two of your team members specificaly. Today is Tuesday and through out the day I have said small prayers as God has put you on my heart.
    You know Jesus said that He did not come into this world to be served but rather to serve.He truely showed that when He washed His disciples feet. But He did not stop there even after those believed and came to Him He continued to serve He mended the broken hearted,turned their ashes into beauty,gave them joy instead of sadness and turned their despair into praise.And so the Lord has sent you all to preach the good news.May the Spirit of the Lord Be upon you with power and may you be used mightily by Him to not only touch those He sends you to but to start a healing in their lives that will continue to bring forth healing each day.
    God Speed,
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete